• Advertisement

NEORVCA Fall Nationals

Post any results here.

Moderators: sandaltered, quad killer

NEORVCA Fall Nationals

Postby chainreaction » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:43 am

NEORVCA=North-East Off-Road Vehicle Competition Assoc.
NEORVCA is hosting our 26th annual NorthEast Fall Nationals today and tomorrow at the Ossipee Valley Fairgrounds in Cornish, Maine.
This event is usually our biggest of the year and since we have the fairgrounds to ourselves, the drivers have the opportunity to really squeeze every ounce of Et and MPH out of their cars. At the fair race in July we have alot of spectators and vehicles at the end of the shutdown. At this event you can run it out the other end into the back end of the horse shoe pits for an extra 300' of stopping room if needed. I know Mike and Jody have both been looking hard at their cars with an eye on the 14 year old track record of 3.568 seconds. Both have made passes this year very close to it and with forecast temps in the 60's and low humidity, we should finally see those numbers lowered. Jody has run a best of 3.585 and Mike a 3.62.
We're heading up early this morning, so I'll get back on here sometime tomorrow night to update on the results.
Last edited by chainreaction on Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fear the weedwacker!
chainreaction

Re: NEORVCA Fall Nationals

Postby chainreaction » Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:27 pm

Day 1 was interesting to say the least. First, congratulations to Jody David on setting a new track record at 3.535 on a pass that he had to do a bit of back pedaling after yet another wheel stand. (still no wheelie bar?) I made a few adjustments to my car and despite a frustrating starting line stumble ran a best of 4.74 at 69.57 mph. On my last pass I hit the nitrous at 10' off the line and carried the front tires for 100'+ down the track. After that pass I bumped the nitrous pill to the next size up and before I got to try it, had the primary ignition coil fry on me.....
The track was powder dry all day with grooming and watering sporadic. I'll post more details along with pictures and video later. Gotta wash some of this dust off before we head back up for the pot luck dinner.
Last edited by chainreaction on Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fear the weedwacker!
chainreaction

Postby 357Bronco » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:13 pm

I could be faster and more consistent with new tires :D Darryl, did you see my pass against Jody's dragster?, I'm not afraid of the top class! That was fun, see you tomorrow.
someone go back and get a shit load of dimes
357Bronco

Postby chainreaction » Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:28 pm

Jody's 3.535 pass

My 4.7 pass, and no i didn't cut a bad light, the guy in the blown SBC dragster left on the 1st yellow!

Cam Trafford
Last edited by chainreaction on Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fear the weedwacker!
chainreaction

Postby chainreaction » Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:37 am

Jody's new dragster, 1st pass. Notice the lack of traction. very dry track and not enough tire.
Last edited by chainreaction on Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fear the weedwacker!
chainreaction

Postby chainreaction » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:08 pm

Until i get a chance to get everything loaded and posted, here's the link to the album on photobucket

http://s272.photobucket.com/albums/jj16 ... Nationals/

Jody vs Mike's
Fear the weedwacker!
chainreaction

Return to Race Results